One of the most valuable device for the year 2014, OnePlus One, has got a new OxygenOS ROM that is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. Currently the device runs on CyanogenMod ROM but now onward this device will have its own exclusive customised ROM with stock look and some essential features like gesture actions, custom quick settings, etc. Though this is the first OxygenOS build for OnePlus One but the ROM looks rock solid and we can expect a lot more in future.
Before You Start
- Backup all your phone data.
- Charge your phone to atleast 50%.
How To Install OxygenOS in OnePlus One
- First of all you need to download the first build of OxygenOS from here.
- Then download the Feedback application from this link and install this APK file in your phone.
- Make sure that you have Fastboot and ADB installed in your computer. If not, then you need to install Android SDK or Android Studio from here.
- Make sure that you have all the drivers installed, if not then you can install the Universal USB drivers from here.
- Now you need to have TWRP installed in your phone. To do this you need to enable the “Developer Options” in your phone. Go to Settings > About > Build Number and tap 7 times on it to enable developer settings.
- Now enable USB debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Now connect your phone to computer via USB port.
- Now download the TWRP image from this link and place it in the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries and rename the image to twrp.img
- Now open command prompt and type the following command to boot your device to bootloader
- adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the following commands to flash the TWRP
- fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- fastboot reboot
- Now Unzip oxygenos_1.0.0.zip, that you have downloaded in the first step. There you will see a file named “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip”. Copy this file to your phone.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by holding down both the volume down key and the power button.
- Now do a facotry reset via TWRP and then install the “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip” file.
- The above flashing process will take some time and will flash OxygenOS onto your device.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed OxygenOS in your OnePlus One.
You can view the exclusive features of OxygenOS in the official video provided below by OnePlus.