Yes you read the title correctly, today we will tell you that how you can control your NFC enabled Android phone with your Delhi metro card. You can many things like playing a music, opening an application, clicking a picture either from front or back camera, connecting to Wi-Fi, etc just by touching your metro card (or NFC tag) at the back of your phone. The requirements for this tutorial are listed below
- Android phone with NFC enabled.
- A Delhi Metro card or token (or any NFC tag).
- NFC ReTag FREE Android app
Steps to control phone via metro card
- Enable NFC in your phone. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > More and then enable NFC.
- Download NFC ReTag FREE from Google play store.
- Open the application and then touch your Delhi metro card at the back of the phone. This will automatically detect your card and pops up with a screen that says a new tag has been detected.
- Click on add tag and give it a name, lets say “Play Music”, as we will start music player in our tutorial.
- After that click on add activity, and there you will find any actions and activities that you can perform. Here we will select Music > Play Music.
- Click “OK” to confirm the action.
- That’s it, now whenever you touch your metro card or token at the back of your phone, it will automatically start playing the music.
Isn’t this cool You can do a variety of task with this simple method. Try this become smart among your friends.