MX Player has recently got the material design, but it is not a complete material makeover. We expected a better material interface from MX Player developer. But as always the player is still the best out there in the market for video playbacks. MX Player can play almost all the videos that are thrown to it. It supports a wide range of video formats. It also has an inbuilt software decoder which helps to play the videos if your phone’s hardware is not supportive.
MX Player also support almost all the subtitle formats which includes the followings:
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
Few awesome features of MX Player are listed below:
- It has hardware acceleration for supportive devices which enhances the video playback.
- It also have software audio and video decoder for low end devices.
- Screen lock option.
- Pinch to zoom option while playing video.
- Subtitles support.
- Multiple audio playback support.
- Material Design and Theme options.
At the top MX Player is free to download from Play Store but it comes with advertisements. You can also buy MX Player Pro which does not offer ads at a small price. It supports MKV, AVI, MP4 and almost all other video formats that you can think of in your normal video encounters. You can download the latest MX Player APK file from the link below. The size of the application is around 12.1 MB.
- Display album arts on the lock screen while playing in background on Android 5.0 Lollipop. This behavior can be disabled on Settings > Player > Background play > Album art.
- And previously since the last public release:
- Action for keyboard(DPad) up/down key can be defined on Playback screen > Menu > Display > Touch
- Can delete/rename files on external storage on Android 5.0 Lollipop and later.
- Added an option for disabling playback interface auto hiding.
- Added an option for requesting root privilege on Settings > General > Request root privilege. It works only on rooted device and may allow delete/name files on external storage on Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Added an option for perform ff/rew on next/prev media buttons on Settings > Player > Next/Prev -> FF/Rew.
- Added SW audio (local) option under Settings > Decoder.
- Bug fixes